No one talk defines it, yet not all talks fit the definition.
As you can appreciate having seen TED or TEDx talks before, it takes an incredible amount of work to structure and present an idea worth spreading.
Whilst not every talk has to be exactly the same delivery, length or message, our TED(x) talks fit into an overall theme. Our theme this year for TEDxGrandPark is ‘Bridging the Divide’, so we’ve sourced a diverse range of speakers providing ways of bringing people together for greater understanding and positive action.
Talks on the day will fall into one of the seven categories used by TED(x):
- The Big Idea: makes one or two very strong points that are incredibly important
- The Small Idea: is not about big, world-changing ideas, but rather gives a very engaging take on an interesting topic
- The ‘Issue’ Talk: exposes us to an idea we may not otherwise know much about
- The Tech Demo: is an onstage look at a clever new invention that the speaker was a part of creating
- The Performance: can be music, dance, magic, puppetry, or any other creative performance designed to stimulate our senses
- The Artist’s Statement: showcases a speaker’s art and allows them to explain the meaning and process behind their creation
- The ‘Dazzle with Wonder’: discusses the amazement of science and discovery
With 12 amazing speakers, we’ll be driving solutions through innovative perspectives and new ideas to some of Downtown LA’s biggest challenges – homelessness, transport, design, tech and progressive education.
We’d love to hear your thoughts. What do you think are some of the biggest concerns for Los Angeles right now? In the spirit of taking action to bridge the divide, what’s your big idea worth spreading? We want this space to become a forum for amazing ideas and we’re sure your ideas will make a difference.
We can’t wait to share the ‘X-perience’ with you on December 7th.